GoR introduces an innovative e-Procurement System
In their continued efforts for modernization and improvement of service delivery, the Ministry of Finance and RPPA are introducing for the first time in Rwanda an e-Procurement System. The system, named Rwanda Online e-Procurement System (RONEPS,) , aims to streamline public procurement and foster transparency.
Currently, Rwanda is one of the most transparent countries in Africa and has achieved significant ICT growth rate in the public sector. The journey toward becoming a vibrant ICT hub in Africa requires more consolidation of the achieved benefits and their further dissemination to the masses while at the same time embracing innovation.
Together with the Ministry of Finance and RPPA, Africa Olleh Service Ltd. (AoS) is developing RONEPS through consulting for business process reengineering (BPR) and information strategy planning (ISP) regarding the procurement processes in Rwanda. The first phase will take 4 months and development phase for the e-Procurement system will last for 12 months.
AoS is an IT system integration company founded by the Government of Rwanda in partnership with Korea Telecom (KT).
RONEPS will be developed as a totally new online procurement system based on the proven Korean e-Procurement platform but with high customization to the Rwandan public procurement environment and governance model.
AoS will assist RPPA by building an e-Procurement System that will provide a more transparent, fair administration while it will also increase the participation of companies in the public market and promote the development of e-commerce in both the public and private sectors.
After the introduction of the e-Procurement system, all the procedures included in government procurement will be conducted online. The e-Procurement system will enhance the transparency and efficiency of public procurement by building a single channel for all procurement contracts. In particular, the system will help to achieve the following objectives:
• To establish a convenient trading environment for government organizations by building a single channel for procurement contracts.
• To reduce the required purchase times for the administration by using online processing for the entire procurement process.
• To reduce entry costs of government procurement, by sharing administrative information through linkages with organizations related to government procurement.
• To ensure efficiency of public procurement with the standardization of electronic documents, company registration, article listing information and the procurement process.
• To develop e-commerce by promoting the participation of private companies
After its successful implementation, RONEPS will be one of the flagship IT products that the Rwandan government in partnership with AoS can export to neighboring countries.
Chief Strategic Sales Officer